Monday, April 14, 2008

Salsa


This is my new favorite food. Pineapple Peach Salsa by Tostidos. It is so good! For those who don't know me well, I don't like to cook. I tried liking to cook for many years, and it just didn't stick. Don't get me wrong, though, I AM capable of cooking and my kids HAVE actually eaten home cooked meals, in spite of whatever you have heard. I just really hate cooking. Eric cooks any and all meat dishes and pretty much anything else he wants to eat. He never cleans up, so I figure it turns out to be a pretty fair deal.

So, this explains why I get really excited about store bought food that is ready made like this salsa. It tastes so good. I have tried a lot of different brands and so far this is my favorite. Tostidos also makes a mango salsa which I don't like.

I thought I would post this for all my new friends at school who keep wondering, what do you eat??? I get that a lot -- as a quasi-vegetarian... I eat fish and eggs (but not fish eggs) and dairy,so I'm not vegan and probably not even vegetarian, but around here, just the fact that I don't eat red meat once a day makes me kind of weird.

I think it is hilarious when people find out I'm a vegetarian and immediately want to know how I survive. I always get asked "What do you eat?". I usually say "Tofu", because I think that is what they are expecting, even though I do NOT eat Tofu, EVER. It's really bad stuff.

Anyway, if I think of anything else I like to eat, I will post it. At the moment it's salsa. Also, for the record, I have not brainwashed Katie into being a vegetarian. She sincerely does not like chicken. She also doesn't like spaghetti, but so far nobody has given me any flack about that. Luckily, Chas seems to LOVE meat. This is a good thing because I was warned when he was in the womb, that if I turned him into a vegetarian, he would likely become homosexual as well.
Whew! Looks like we dodged that bullet...

6 comments:

Jenny said...

You are so funny Kristi!

Kristi Moffitt said...

Thanks Jenny! I'm glad somebody thinks so. Whenever Eric does something that makes me mad, he says, "Oh I forgot, you don't have a sense of humor". So, now when the kids do something that makes me mad, they have learned to say, "Mommy doesn't have a sense of humor". After a while, I started thinking, "Maybe I really don't have a sense of humor..."
You have given me new hope.

Michelle said...

Exactly where do you get this yummy salsa?? It looks really good!!

Kristi Moffitt said...

Oh, you can get it a Wal-mart and Kroger, but you have to look for it, it looks alot like the regular kind and each time I get it, it seems like it is harder to find. But it's there!

Cynthia said...

I love tofu. We eat it more than my family knows!!!


I was a vegaterian(SP?) when we got married. I still have trouble with bones...

Kristi Moffitt said...

Well, I probably should say that I will eat tofu if prepared to my liking, but since I don't cook and I haven't found a local restaurant that prepares tofu dishes, I never eat it. It has to be very cleverly disguised, though.

Moffitt's

Eric, Kristi, Chas, and Katie