Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break... for Katie

Well, it is Katie's Spring Break and she is having a great time. Chas is too. We are LOVING these nice warm days. We spent one day playing at the Jungle Gym and then we headed over to Riverfront Park for a picnic and we tried to feed the ducks, but there were so many people there doing the same thing that I think the ducks were quite full. We saw whole pieces of bread floating in the water. Anyway, then we took a walk down to the waterfall. It was a full day. My Mom is visiting so she has been enjoying her time with the kids and vice versa.

Eric and I are counting down the days until our vacation at Gulf Shores! I am so excited! I haven't been to the beach in almost 9 years! Wow, that is too long. I think it will be a great experience for the kids, too.

Yesterday I wrote my first ever Lesson Plan. I can't believe how hard it was! I thought it would be easy! My final project is to create a Unit on moon phases. I can't believe I only have two weeks of school left. That is crazy.

My favorite astrologer Rob Brezny had some great food for thought this week. I'm not a believer in astrology... just for the record. But, I love the way he writes, so I read all of the signs because I just love the way he thinks... anyway, I found this under Libra, in case you are a believer.

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): "Where would the gardener be if there were no
weeds?" asked ancient Chinese sage Chuang Tzu. To that I add: Where
would lawyers be without crimes? How would psychotherapists fare
without neurotics? What would critics do without the stuff they love to
diss? Now let's apply this line of thinking to you, Libra. What thing that
you dislike also happens to be something you need? What condition that
you're opposed to is essential in constructing your identity? This is a
good time to acknowledge the value of everything you oppose, disagree
with, and fight against.

3 comments:

Rennie (Cantrell) Topper said...

Hi Kristi!!! I didn't know you had a blog, I just found you through the Hales. I've got to add you to my page so I can bookmark you!!!!

Hugs,
~Rennie~

Rachel said...

Have fun at the beach!

Cynthia said...

Wow, I dig teh make out pic you are using for your comment picture!

waka waka!

Moffitt's

Eric, Kristi, Chas, and Katie