Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Online Chat Room

This is as close as I will probably ever be to an online chat room. I'm feeling a little chatty tonight. So, since I am in a house alone with two sleeping children, I thought I would talk to my blogger friends a while. I'm not really sure who reads my blog. It looks to me like about five people check in from time to time. No matter, I just feel like chatting.

So, recently ( about 6 days ago) I decided to eliminate dairy products from my diet. I've been wanting to do it for a while now, along with seafood (which I only eat at restaurants - because I don't cook) and see what being a strict vegetarian is like as opposed to a very loose vegetarian. That doesn't sound right. Anyway, I really didn't think I could give up ice cream and pizza, but then I thought well, I'll try a week. So here I am. So far, so good. Actually, I used to eat this way a long time ago, so I have fallen back on some of my old staples and it's kind of like hooking up with old friends. One of my favorite breakfasts back in the day was Grape Nuts with organic apple juice. It is so good, if you like Grape Nuts, which I do. It has to be organic apple juice, because the other kind tastes like vinegar to me. I'm not sure if organic is the right word, but it's the kind that is more brown than yellow.

I know this isn't very interesting, but it's what's on my mind at the moment. So, anyway, Eric is not being supportive. He hates it when I get on a health kick. I keep telling him to relax, it WILL pass and I WILL go back to eating crap, I just need a reprieve, that's all. It's not like I force everyone to eat tofu and dried apples. I still buy junk food and all of Eric's favorite chopped up animals. Yet, he still teases me constantly. It's very annoying.

Even after 12 years, he still thinks it's hilarious that I don't eat meat. And he still loves to parade me in front of his friends like a circus freak, as though he just met me. It kind of drives me crazy, but I love him.

So, back to my diet. I'm not sure how long this will last and maybe it will be one of those things that comes and goes, but for right now, I can honestly say that I am enjoying it. I had forgotten that I like tofu when it's made to taste like egg salad. And I have discovered hummus, which is really good with triscuits. I got this roasted red pepper kind and almost made myself sick because I couldn't stop eating it. It was that good. For those of you who don't know, hummus is basically blended up chick peas and some other stuff. It really is good.

Luckily, I don't have to give up my Tostidos and pineapple salsa because that would probably be the death of this diet. And, it turns out that Oreo's are dairy free, too. Of course, you have to eat them without milk, so it's not quite the same.

Oh and I love those Edy's Strawberry fruit bars. You know the ones? They are so good and completely dairy free. I really need to quit thinking about food so much.

I was so hoping to get my Grey's Anatomy DVD today in the mail, but I know it will come tomorrow. I'm getting a little annoyed with the Derek, Addison, and Meredith love triangle. I mean what is wrong with him? He is so wishy washy. I wish he would just face reality and go back to Meredith! Remember I am only in season 2, so don't tell me anything!

Oh, I have a cute Chas story. So, while I was gone to Atlanta over the weekend and Eric had the kids... Chas comes running into the kitchen and says, "Hey Daddy, guess what?" All of Chas' sentences begin with "guess what". So, Eric says, "I don't know, what?". Then Chas looks at him and asks, "Can I be your best friend?" and Eric says "yes" and Chas says, "okay" and runs back to the living room to watch t.v.

Isn't that cute? He probably saw something on t.v. to make him say that, but it's still cute to me. Katie's new thing lately is to say, "I was born to do this". The other day she wanted to put together one of my jigsaw puzzles with 1000 pieces and I told her "no" and she says, "But Mom, I was born to do this!" She uses it, in that way, a lot.

I went to Atlanta to deliver a puppy and to go shopping with my Mom. We had fun. I got pretty much everything at T. J. Maxx. They had so many cute clothes for the kids. I haven't brought all the bags in yet, because I'm afraid Eric will have a heart attack. He has high cholesterol and high blood pressure, so I have to be careful about these things. I never did find the shoes I was looking for, though, and I did a lot of looking. But, today when I was at the mall I found the cutest Clarks ballet flats in black and I decided that they were exactly what I was looking for all along. And, they were on sale! Woo hoo! I really wish I could wear them now, but I need to wait a few weeks. If I start wearing too many new things at once, Eric notices, and he starts to panic. It's best if I spread it out over a solid month.

Well, I didn't really expect this to turn into a novel. I guess I will go back to indexing place names in my Cannon Co. Chancery Court records from 1840-1880. Yeah, that's what I was doing before this. It's fun to me. Don't ask. I have no reasonable explanation except it's what I do when I can't sleep and I have no Grey's Anatomy.

4 comments:

Tenara King said...

This post is so funny. I know how you feel. Kenneth is back on nights and worked last night too. It gets soooo boring once the kids are asleep and seems like that is when I want to do all of my talking. I can't to Grey's new season!!!!!! Well hope you have a great day!

The Craven's said...

hold on a minute....I'm still laughing! Such a cute post, sometimes it's good just to let everything out and lay it on the table. Maybe I should try a post like that!

Cynthia said...

I love indexing!

haley said...

okay, i just read your post and it totally cracked me up! i love how you sneak stuff in past eric...i was doing the same thing until aaron discovered all my sneaky ways. that just took all the fun out of it.

Moffitt's

Eric, Kristi, Chas, and Katie