Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's Goin' On

Well, the summer is winding down and I can feel the excitement building with school just around the corner. We found out yesterday, that Chas will have Ms. Jacqueline for Pre-K and Katie will have Ms. Stephanie Hollaway for 1 st grade. They are both so excited, they want to go NOW!

I also got my letter of acceptance and my schedule for Tech. I was very excited to get that letter, since I was beginning to wonder if I even made it into the program! The first semester, I have Dr. Kolodziej for our literacy block and our schedule seems to be Mon 8-4 and Wed and Fri 8-1. That will be for the first 7 wks and then our schedule goes to M-F 8-11.

I go for registration on Aug 13th and I think the kids start on Aug. 11th, but I haven't got that in writing yet.

We are still selling puppies. They are so cute, they practically sell themselves! This Sat. "Snowball" is headed to Tampa, FL to his new home. I am going to meet the family in Atlanta and visit my Mom for the weekend which will be nice. I also plan to do some shopping for school clothes while I'm there. It's so nice to be able to shop without worrying about the kids!

Next week is Eric's birthday and we are going to Dollywood on the 24th. Chas is very excited to see the characters and actors from his favorite show, Zaboomafoo. I'm stressing over what to get Eric for his birthday. We have been talking about getting the kids a "Wii", and I thought about just getting it for Eric's b-day, except that it wouldn't really be for him. He got me a really nice navigational system, which I desperately needed in my life, so I feel like I should get him something just for him. I thought about UT tickets, but we always get those for "our" anniversary present. Any ideas?

Katie is obsessed with all things Hannah Montana. She isn't really interested in High School Musical, but she loves Hannah and the Jonas Bros. She also has a really strange fascination with all things creepy. I don't understand where this came from, but I'm pretty sure it started with Scooby Doo. She loves stories about ghosts, witches, and anything scary. If I didn't carry her for 9 months, I would swear she is not my child.

Chas is still into Lightning McQueen, but he's slowly taking a back seat to Wall-e and Phineas and Ferb. He loved the movie, Kung Fu Panda, too, although I cannot for the life of me understand why. It was the worst movie I ever sat through! His favorite new word, is "Awesome!"

I have started watching Grey's Anatomy via Netflix and I am hooked! I am only on Season 2, so don't tell me anything! I'm hoping to get caught up before this season starts.

We have been going to the library a lot this summer and Gilley Pool, and the Weeter's pool. The Weeter's have really helped make swimming affordable this summer! We love going there. About twice a month, the kids go play at the Baus House, which gives me a much needed break and I can actually run errands in peace! We are so thankful for the Baus', they really help us out a lot.

Katie is signed up for Ballet at Ms. Paula's, but as of right now, there are no spots for her. She thinks she will form a new class, though, so we are pretty sure Katie will get in to that one.

Chas is just going to have to be content with pre-K until basketball starts this winter. We were going to put him in karate, but it was so expensive! Plus, Katie wanted to do it too. Oh well, it's not like they won't have a million things to do, once school starts.

Well, I guess you all are up to speed. Probably more than you wanted to be! Love y'all.... Kris

3 comments:

Tenara King said...

Hey girl! Long time no post....haha. So, you got your letter. How exciting....congrats! You will love Dr. K. Hard work but excellent teacher. You will learn so much!!!! I love her! I will be seeing ya lot too. I know I will be in and out of her room asking question over everything! :) I love Grey's too! I won't tell ya anything....but its great!!! I bet you are so excited to get in the teacher program. I know I was. It flies by so hang on and get all that you can out of it. Talk to you so hopefully.

The Craven's said...

Congrats on the 2+2 program. You will love it! And I agree, I love Grey't too. I can't wait for the next season. See you soon.

Rachel said...

congradulations and good luck at school!

Moffitt's

Eric, Kristi, Chas, and Katie