Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kristi and Eric


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...


I have said before that only God knows why I love Eric Moffitt the way I do, and I mean that. All I can say is it must be something bigger than my logic can rationalize. He hardly ever says or does the things that I want him to, he does not have a romantic bone in his body... okay, now you think I'm just being mean. I'm not. In the 12 years that I have been with Eric, he has compared me to a cow, several bulldogs, a turkey and his first truck. Like I said, romance is not his thing.


From the moment I first laid eyes on Eric in Glen Wilson's Single Adults Sunday School class, I was a goner. I think I gave him my heart right then and there and I have never gotten it back. In spite of several desperate attempts.


You might wonder what has brought on this love fest, and I will tell you. Our 9 year wedding anniversary is coming up on Aug. 27th and that means that our 10 year anniversary is just around the corner. I have been prepping Eric for the 10 year anniversary since before we got married, so I am expecting big things. I already have the ring picked out and I have been nagging him about it for the last 6 months or so and I have another year to go, so I'm guessing I will get the one I want.
I am posting some pictures leading up to the big day and they are probably going to look all crazy and be off center and the text will probably be the same way, so I apologize for my incompetence.


This picture was taken in the Church parking lot sometime in the first month or so after we started dating.




Funny, we now live off the road where we used to make out.


Eric still mourns this truck. I like to think it's because it was the site of our first kiss, but he actually mourns all of his past vehicles, so I don't think that's really it.
This was my shrine to Eric at BYU while he was on his mission.

This was the hike we took to the rock where Eric told me he loved me and he wanted to marry me. Awww, now that's sweet. Maybe I was wrong about the romance.



Elder Moffitt.





Eric's Farewell, back when they still did that...






The homecoming

Some of you might think I married Eric for his looks, but it was actually for the kissing.














The only time Eric has ever danced with me....












The honeymoon













2 comments:

kinslowfamily5 said...

Congrats on 9 years can't wait to see your ring next year. You guys are such a great looking couple.

gretchen said...

9 years of total bliss! I remember some of those pixs. congrats!

Moffitt's

Eric, Kristi, Chas, and Katie