Friday, September 19, 2008

Newsy stuff


Well today is my "read aloud". I have to read a book to my class. Tough, huh? I am reading SkippyJon Jones, which is an awesome book. If you have kids and you do not have this book, get it! It's hilarious. My Mom even reads it to her 4th graders. It's that good.


Katie had her first dance class on Wed. She is actually taking both ballet and jazz, which I found out when I got there. I thought she was only taking ballet, since I thought that was all that was offered to her age group, but when I got there I found out that she could take both classes, each 30 min. for $36 per month. Well, since I was planning on an hour and $36 per month for ballet, I decided to just let her take both. Let me tell you, she LOVED it! I was so happy because I really thought that she would, but she never really got excited about it, so I wasn't completely sure. Ballet was first and then jazz. When jazz started I could hear the Cheetah Girls song that Katie loves and I thought, this is going to be a hit. Plus there is a whole lot of shaking going on, if you know what I mean. And of course, Katie loves that, too.


This week was "farm week" for Chas at school. He loved it. He got to take a toy tractor yesterday, which was the highlight of the week. He has also discovered "Whack a Gator" thanks to daddy. He loves that game. He is a proud "Gator Hater". You can only imagine how his daddy feels about that!


We went to the UT/UAB game last Sat. and the kids got to play with their cousins although Chas was torn between Seth and the football game, but we explained that he was too little to go, so he enjoyed playing with Seth, like we knew he would. The game was HOT. Not exciting kind of hot, either. Just HOT, hot. It was a sea of smelly, sweating, nasty people. Me included. I did not enjoy it. I don't mind sweating for exercise, but other than that I prefer not to do it.


Eric took me to Panera Bread in an attempt to make up for the miserable game, it did help, some. I love Panera Bread. Eric calls it "Hippy fast food". He thinks any restaurant without a deep fryer is a Hippy joint. So, anyway, I guess it shows how much he loves me that he would take me there and actually eat there himself! I had the Orchard Harvest salad, which let me tell you is not good. It is the fall special. I much prefer the summer special. I can't remember the name of it, but it was so good. The thing I didn't like about the Orchard Harvest was the Gorgonzola. There was just too much of it. I don't mind stinky cheese in small doses, but there was really a lot of it! It also has pears, walnuts, dried cherries, and a really great balsalmic dressing, but the Gorgonzola ruined it for me. I just picked around it. Eric had a chicken panini sandwich that he didn't think was big enough, but he said it tasted all right.





3 comments:

Jenny said...

I will have to look into that book. I am always looking for a good book for the kids. You can NEVER have to many. THanks for the heads up.

Sounds like the game was great! LOL!!! At least they won that game. I can't imagine it being hot and Tn lost. MAtthew would have been awful to ride home with. I am sure Eric would have been equally upset!

Jenny said...

opps losing! I do not have a brain!

Tenara King said...

I have seen you much this semester. We are on separate schedules. How is everything going? I hope its going alright. You getting excited about Practicum. Where are you being placed?

Moffitt's

Eric, Kristi, Chas, and Katie