Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February

Well, I thought I would give a little update on how things are with the Moffitt's. February has not been a fun month for me. The first week we found out Eric was getting laid off for a week. Not good. Not bad, but not good, either. I mean, he likes to have time off work that he still gets paid for ( at least some pay), but we don't like what it means overall.

So, we took Chas to the dentist in M'boro to Wild About Smiles and he had so much fun. I have never seen a child so excited to go to the dentist. Those of you who are familiar with Wild About Smiles know what I'm talking about. Anyway, he had a great checkup, no cavities and it was overall a good day.

Then Friday, I went in to have my three wisdom teeth extracted. It did not go well. Apparently, things were a bit more complicated in the surgery than the dentist first thought. I was told it was to be, quote "No big deal". So, I figured it would be no big deal. Well, it was a very big deal. I have had more pain in my mouth than I ever thought was possible.

I went back the next week to find out that I had dry socket where my bottom two wisdom teeth were. If you don't know what "dry socket" is, then I hope you never find out. So, I have been spending my days days doped up on pain meds and sleeping as much as possible, because it was just too miserable to be awake. I am on day 11 right now of soft foods (like the kind you can eat through a straw) and I still have pain. It IS getting better every day and today, I can honestly say it is bearable as long as I don't eat, drink, or talk. I know I am getting better, but I am really ready for this to be OVER.

One of my favorite things to eat is chips and salsa. I have a very lonely bag of Tostitos on top of my refrigerator that has been there since Feb. 5th. Eric has been nice enough not to open it.

Valentine's Day, my Dad was in and Katie woke up that morning with a stomach virus, so Dad Eric and Chas went to Knoxville to watch the UT boys play basketball and I stayed home and slept on the couch while Katie watched about a gazillion episodes of Hannah Montana. Is there ever a time when that show isn't on? Just curious.

I did get an ipod from Eric for V-day and I do love it very much. I know this has been a whiney post, but that's kind of how I have been feeling this month. Whiney.

So, February 2009 has exactly 11 days to redeem itself. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Moffitt's

Eric, Kristi, Chas, and Katie