Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sans Wisdom Teeth

I had all my wisdom teeth removed yesterday and I am NOT enjoying the aftermath. I only had three to begin with and I only needed one of those three removed, but the dentist I saw convinced me to have them all out at the same time and I think that was a HUGE mistake. If I had known it would hurt this bad, I would have stuck to my original plan and only had the one that was causing trouble removed. I am only half awake right now after sleeping for 30 hours. I woke up several times to take pain medication and then went right back out. I would be in bed right now, except that Eric is going to work and I need to be awake to take care of the kids. I really hope my face goes back to normal size before I have to go to class on Monday. That would be embarrassing! It is freakishly swollen. Well, just thought I would send out an update and whine a little. Let me know if you are planning to have your wisdom teeth removed so that I can talk you out of it.

3 comments:

Tenara King said...

yep its very painful!!!!! Just keep in mind that you got them all out at once so you won't ever have to go through the pain again. :)

Mark & Lindsey said...

I've heard everyone talk about how horrible it is to have wisdom teeth taken out, but I never had any trouble-I felt great the next day! I'm convinced that if you get put under...you'll feel like crap. If you don't (like I did) then you'll feel fine. I don't know...it's just a hunch.

SherryB said...

I got knocked out and had 4 removed at once, but i felt fine bu the next afternoon. I couldn't eat much, but I didn't swell too much. I hate that you fel so awful!! Hopefully you are getting back to normal now!!!

Moffitt's

Eric, Kristi, Chas, and Katie